Re: [SQL] cast text as date - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From lynch@lscorp.com (Richard Lynch)
Subject Re: [SQL] cast text as date
Date
Re: [SQL] cast text as date  ("Jose' Soares Da Silva" <sferac@bo.nettuno.it>)
List pgsql-sql
>At 11:14 +0300 on 16/6/98, Richard Lynch wrote:
>

>> I've never created a function of my own, and maybe that's the way to go,
>> but I'm not sure where to start...
>> The strings in question actually only have a month/year (no date), if that
>> matters (they're expirations)...
>> The resulting date can just default to 1 for the date.
>
>What version of Postgres, and what error, exactly, did it report?

ERROR:  function date(text) does not exist

I don't know what version because my ISP installed it, and there seems to
be no file I can read that tells me, and postmaster -v isn't defined.

There are two postgresql directories.  One is labeled 6.2.1
The other is just pgsql.

The ISP changed psql very recently to require me to use -u and an login
name and password, when they moved their software to a shiny new box, and
(I think) upgraded postgresql, if that is any help at all in identifying
the version.

-- "TANSTAAFL" Rich lynch@lscorp.com